Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vosaxalo
Frequent Visitor

It is possible to delete a user that do not exist anymore from the Report Server repository?

Let say that some time ago the user "userA" (created in our Active Directory) was authorized to access a report published on the Report Server.
Recently "userA" has been eliminated from the Active Directory. If I check the security of the report with the web portal, I can't see this user anymore, but it is still archived in the Report Server repository tables such as [ReportServer].[dbo].[Users], [ReportServer].[dbo].[PolicyUserRole], [ReportServer].[dbo].[Catalog].

If I would "cleanup" the repository tables removing these "orphaned" users, how could I do it without breaking anything?

1 REPLY 1
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Vosaxalo ,

Try to delete all rows in all tables with the same UserID. For the code, this post may help you: 

Search for one value in any column of any table inside a database.

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.