Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with scheduler refresh on PowerBI report server - An error has occurred

Hello, 

I have the following problem:

I have 3 kinds of Data sources - website, MS SQL DB, and Local Excel File on shared folder directly on the PowerBI Report Server.

TEST.png

For 3 of them i got this error when trying to setup the Scheduled Refresh Plan. This error is without any detailed explanation. 

Please help me with this error and tell me where to find more details about it (maybe some kind of LOG in PowerBI Server installation folder - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server)?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
KBO
MVP

Hi @Anonymous,

found this : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Scheduled-Refresh-with-Web-Source-Not-Working/td-p/602417 may be it is helpful :).

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

I cannot reproduce this issue on my copy of the May 2020 release. I'm able to create new schedules without any error.

You will find the log files in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles

There are a number of different log files for the different components of PBIRS, you might want to start checking the RSPortal_* and ReportingServicesService_* logs to start with.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@d_gosbell  thnaks, I have found the error with some more explanations, but still don't know how to solve the issue:

2020-06-18 15:34:30.4029|ERROR|36|OData exception occurred: Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010+MissingEndpointException: The attempt to connect to the report server failed.  Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version. ---> System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SetConnectionProtocol()
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SoapMethodWrapper`1.ExecuteMethod(Boolean setConnectionProtocol)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.MissingEndpointException.ThrowIfEndpointMissing(WebException e)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SoapMethodWrapper`1.ExecuteMethod(Boolean setConnectionProtocol)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.CreateCacheRefreshPlan(String itemPath, String description, String eventType, String matchData, ParameterValue[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Services.SoapProxy.SoapRS2010Proxy.<>c__DisplayClass19_0.<CreateCacheRefreshPlan>b__0()
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Services.SoapProxy.SoapAuthenticationHelper.ExecuteWithWindowsAuth[TReturn](SoapHttpClientProtocol soapClient, IPrincipal userPrincipal, Func`1 func)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Repositories.SubscriptionService.CreateCacheRefreshPlan(IPrincipal userPrincipal, CacheRefreshPlan cacherefreshPlan)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.V2.Controllers.CacheRefreshPlansController.AddEntity(CacheRefreshPlan entity)
   at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.Controllers.Reflection.EntitySetReflectionODataController`1.Post(ODataPath oDataPath, T value)
   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass6_2.<GetExecutor>b__2(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__1.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__6.MoveNext().| RequestID = s_03901e62-f941-4637-bd69-d830c05f5e2e 

@AnonymousI have maybe similarly problem. I'm not sure.

Sometimes (truly, often) I have problem to create schedule (with same error on screenshot), and also connect to PBIRS instance thru SSMS, or connect to management interface via browser (https://<servernamer>/reportserver).

But I have this problem for longer time (now in May version but also in January version and maybe also earlier).

It is not my priority now, because not affecting end users, and it sometimes works and sometimes not, but if any solution, it will helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.