Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NicoBarate

Issue with datas without "no resume" option

Hello,

First of all, I would like to apology if my explanations are not truely clear in this message but I will do my best to be understood.

I am French and I am discovering Power Bi in Spain with Spanish version and I will write in English so that can explain that I am not using the best vocabulary.

I have just left from my Power Bi training a week ago and I am trying to practice. I do not have any computing skills so I am trying to be a bit basic in my using.

I am creating a report in Power BI about a production follow-up on our product characteristics. We have a measuring device that give me a data evey 20 seconds at least of my product width. That means I can collect such a huge amount of datas quickly.

To avoid to make a big start, I started with a 2 months set of datas to be able to play with.

I did not have too much dificulies to prepare my datas tables ( I am sure it is not well optimized for memory consumption but step by step). I took care to classify all type of datas and I have done all connections of my datas base. For now, it seems to work because I can calculate the number of product and filters by products type or date so far so good...

My problem is when I would like to focus on my width characteristic, I cannot monitore it individually. I check by adding a table that I can have acces to all datas but I cannot grafic it. Each time, I would like to make a curve to have an overview per product (for exemple), I can monitore the average, the max, the variance... but I do not have access to individual value.

I tryed to change by decimal or general for the data type but without success. I am pretty sure it is a configuration parameters I forgot but I do not have any clue. It is the same for the SPC Histogramm. I can get the individual value only in a table.

Do you have any piste of investigation I can check to help me.

Thank you the community for your advice.

5 REPLIES 5
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @NicoBarate 

What type of data source is and what connection method is used? If you can share some insensitive data samples and expected output? Then we can help you soon.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Hello,

I have datas with decimal in table. the timeline is the secondes.

In the same table, we will find:

- Production time

- distance

- width in mm

NicoBarate_2-1626766832153.png

I have also in the same table:

- Product code

- beginning of production

- time counter so I can compute an horodating.

NicoBarate_3-1626766964641.png

First, that i would like to do basically, it is only to grafic my width evolution.

But it seems that in power bi, I cannot monitor datas lower than the day frequency so I cannot have acces to my width values without to resume it by an average per day.

NicoBarate_4-1626767160781.png

I have no acces at the value without resuming...

When I put it in a table, it is working but not in a chart.

It is a bit sad because the fact to use average will filter a bit the signal of my width and it is not relfecting the reality.

For now, I do not have any connection issue because I am using datas form the same table. I would like juste to create a chart like in excel about my characteristic.

Regards,

Nicolas

Hi, @NicoBarate 

Do you use slicer to filter products?

Hello

I tried with 2 differents ways:

1- A dinamic square chart:

NicoBarate_0-1626774420416.png

NicoBarate_1-1626774462399.png

2) I use directly a slicer

NicoBarate_2-1626774543262.png

But I cannot figure out what the selection type can impact the data resuming.

The issue is before the data selection filter. it is really when I would like to create the chart and put the data label in the value field. 

Regards,

Nicolas

Hi, @NicoBarate 

Sorry, What you share are all pictures. It is difficult for me to have a deep understanding. I can't even find out what you want to do in a large piece of information. Do you want to display data on the X axis with the time type instead of the date type? If you want to display the data label, just open it in the settings. 

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards

Janey Guo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.