Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ait-james
Frequent Visitor

Issue with Oracle connection

Hello everyone,

I have a Oracle database as a data source for my report, in my power bi rs desktop version I can refresh data but when I try to deploye my report into the portal for power bi report server I got this error message :

An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Object refrence not set to an instance of an object'

I create a data source in the portal just to be sure if the connection between the portal and database it's working well, and effectively it's working successfully.

Do you have please any ideas about this topic ?

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Ait-james , have configured oracle driver on the reporting server?

@amitchandakYes the oracle drive is configured, if not, the connection of the datasource that I created will not work.

As you can see in the image below the data source connection it's working well, I'm using the same server and login/pwd in my report ut I don't know why it's not working.

piste affaire.PNG

Is Oracle driver properly configured? Including registry setting and path environment values?  Oracle installers are little crappy. 

Try install (if you can) x64 Power BI Desktop directly on PBIRS server, and check connection from PBI Desktop.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.