cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjuelke
Advisor

Re: Issue creating SAP BW type Data source in PBI Report Server

for me it still looks like there are datasoure-registrations missing in the current server version?!

If i create a PBI Desktop File which connects by DirectQuery/Import Mode to BW i get a connnection for datasource-type "SapBUsinessWarehouse" published to Report Server wich THROWS error "SapBusinessWarehouse" not registered...
ConnectionCreatedThroughPublish.png

if i try to create a new dataconnection manually in Report Manager the dropdown list shows only "SAPBW" but threre's no "SapBusinessWarehouse" entry at all:

CreateinRM.png

but be really great if someone from the productgroup can give insights on SAPBW vw SapBusinessWarehouse-Extensions differences?!

buddysuper Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

http://YOURBWSERVER:8000/sap/bw/xml/soap/xmla

change YOURBWSERVER to IP or DNS name of your bw installation

and  port 80+instance number  (depending of your installation the instance is different than 00)

If you instance  is 50   the port should be: 8050

Highlighted
buddysuper Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Datasources created in Power BI report server are not used by Power BI Desktop..   Is a shared data source which can be used by SSRS paginated reports and mobiles reports. see link bellow.

To create a Power BI report based on BW , you need to connect to SAP Business Warehouse server  inside of the Power BI desktop by Get Data. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/create-deploy-and-manage-mobile-and-paginate...

In the PBI desktop the report and bw connection works fine,  but after you save in the "Report Server"  the datasource does not connect anymore. It seems to be a product problem... Must be addressed by the "Microsoft IntegrationTeam".

We tried to copy all DLLs from NW 75 in the windows file system , but the problem persists.

nilesh_shirsat Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Yes I do see sapbw extension entry in data node. 

nilesh_shirsat Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Changing Connection string format worked for me. 

Also I copied 64 bit version of Netweaver RFC SDK  DLL's to Windows\sytem32 folder  and not 32 bit version. 

Jeab Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Do we need to open any service on SAP BW side in order to use this connection string?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 352 members 3,387 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: