Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tfoliveira
Regular Visitor

Is there any routine to clean up the ExecutionLogStorage table?

Hi,

I verified that the ExecutionLogStorage table is being cleared on the server, not showing all log history. I would like to know if there is any routine responsible for this, and if this can be configured.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Marcin_PL
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

You can change it in dbo.configurationinfo table in the  ExecutionLogDaysKept field.

ExecutionLogDaysKept

The number of days to keep report execution information in the execution log. Valid values for this property include -1 through 2,147,483,647. If the value is -1, entries are not deleted from the Execution Log table. The default value is 60.

Regards,

Marcin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tfoliveira ,

According to your description, ExecutionLogStorage does not show all the history. Because log entries are kept 60 days. Entries that exceed this date are removed at 2:00 A.M. every day. On a mature installation, only 60 days of information will be available at any given time. You cannot set limits on the number of rows or on the type of entries that are logged.

The report server execution records data about the report execution to an internal database table. The information in the table is available from the SQL server view.

For example, you can try the following code, the returned results capture a range of historical data.

Use ReportServer  
select * from ExecutionLog3 order by TimeStart DESC

vhenrykmstf_0-1635474528641.png

For more details, you can read related document.

Report Server ExecutionLog and the ExecutionLog3 View - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Micro...

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Marcin_PL
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

You can change it in dbo.configurationinfo table in the  ExecutionLogDaysKept field.

ExecutionLogDaysKept

The number of days to keep report execution information in the execution log. Valid values for this property include -1 through 2,147,483,647. If the value is -1, entries are not deleted from the Execution Log table. The default value is 60.

Regards,

Marcin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.