Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a method of hiding all the SSRS surround/navigation etc. and just getting the PBI report?

Is it possible to access a deployed report but hide all the SSRS navigation and top bar etc.

I have tried accessing the PBIX via the http://localhost/ReportServer/ and it tells me the operation I am attempting is not allowed for this item type

Have tried adding headerArae=None and Toolbar = None.

Sorry just answered my owne question while checking various combinations. the answer is

add 

?rs:Command=Render&rc:Toolbar=false

to the URL and hey presto a PBI report in IE with no navigation!

🙂

11 REPLIES 11
jones-steve

Re: Power BI server update March 2018 - Has anyone noticed a problem when using &rc:Toolbar=false where an error is generated trying to retrieve server-based icons native to table/matrix (e.g. TogglePlus.gif)?  I am getting "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Reporting Services Error)".  Instead of the default expand/collapse icon, I am getting a broken image icon.

This was not happening before the March 2018 update. 

This seems to be simialr to an issue in SSRS 2012 and earlier (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2739213/fix-error-message-when-you-render-an-ssrs-report-th...).

Thanks,

Steve

I'm also seeing broken matrix toggle icons when using Toolbar=false, I am using the latest build of the August release. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I tried this on the latest release of SSRS 2017 and it is working as expected.

Have you tried the following?

?rs:Embed=True

Excellent suggestion! It worked for me! Thank you!

This worked for me in SSRS 2017.  Great suggestion!

Yes, but it does not seem to make a difference.

I have all custom icon for toolbar (print , first , forward, print refresh etc) and they are no loading and giving error 500 

Petebro
Employee
Employee

Based on the title I was going to come in and tell you to add the following to the url: 

?rs:Command=Render&rc:Toolbar=false

However, you beat me to it!

This is great for reports with no prompts. I have lots of reports that has prompts that user will enter. If I use

?rs:Command=Render&rc:Toolbar=false then they won't see the prompt bar and view report button. How do I hide everything except prompts and view report button?

thanks

This is good. But can't be used for reports that have prompts. Need to show the user the prompt and view report button. How do I achive this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.