Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shera276
Advocate I
Advocate I

Is it possible to display real time data on report server?

The requirement is to display 24 hours of data and updating in real time.  I know on the cloud service you can do that through PUSH.  Is this possible on the Report Server?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

Could you provide any information about the release date of streaming datasets in combination with power bi report server?

We have some possible customers and they want to stream their data to the report server and publish them to the workplaces.

The workplaces do not have a connection to the internet, so only an on-premise server could work here.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Bale

menatallah

Dear Team,

Is this option still not supported in Power BI Reporting Server ?

When will it be available ?

Thanks

Menatallah

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @shera276,

No. Real Time dataset is not supported yet by Power BI Report Server.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yulgu-msft- How close to real time can it go? 

And to confirm we cannot push data real-time to report server but you can in the PowerBI Service?

Do you have any other suggestions for now he can accomplish this?  We'd like to display a line graph displaying over a rolling 24hr period that updates realtime as time moves forward.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.