Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SWAST
Frequent Visitor

Is cross report drill through available in report server?

No one answers my questions. Is this because no one knows the answer or I am asking my questions incorrectly?

Juliet

Is cross report drill through available in power bi report server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@SWAST wrote:

If you are talking about pbix based reports the answer is no, this is currently a cloud only feature.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
shanecwu
Helper I
Helper I

I know this thread is from latter 2019, but here is a "workaround" solution posted by Guys in a Cube in February 2020: 

SWAST
Frequent Visitor

Would someone at Microsoft kindly respond to this question.  It is really useful to know a timeline as without this functionality  we have to use Tableau.  We are the NHS UK and cannot work in the cloud and therefore can only use report server.

So I'd suggest two things to try and get an answer to this question.

You are on topic for this thread, but the fact that this thread has been marked as solved probably means that the chances that it will get reviewed by any of the Microsoft staff is greatly reduced. So I would suggest starting a new thread on this forum asking if there is a timeline for this feature. I don't recall hearing an specific plans, but then I don't work for Microsoft.

Secondly I would suggest pursuing this internally with your IT department. It's highly likely that the NHS has an assigned Microsoft account representative and it's possible that they can share plans and timelines with you that they might not yet be ready to share on a public forum.

ok thankyou 🙂

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@SWAST wrote:

If you are talking about pbix based reports the answer is no, this is currently a cloud only feature.

Facing same issue ---> How to cross drill through from one power bi server report to other power bi server report.

Hello d_gosbell 

Thank you for replying. 

Juliet

pjacobs
Frequent Visitor

If this functionality is not available for PBI Report Server then why is the cross report drill through option available in both Options|Settings as well as on report design/drill through section?
Are there plans in the near future to support this in PBI Report Server? (yes is a great answer here!)

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.