Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LRM

Intermittent The execution failed for the shared data set

I am getting intermittent errors on reports. I have a new installation of PBI Server, 15.0.1103.234, Native, with remote SQL server.

This report has (3) shared datasets, (2) from SharePoint Lists and (1) from Oracle. The report and the SharePoint datasets are set to always run with the most recent data.

The Oracle dataset is set to use cached copies, which expire on a shared schedule with a refresh plan. The cache refresh of this dataset never fails.

The report works most of the time.

I get errors like this in the browser and Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.SharePointList.SPDPException in the Reporting Services Service log. The report does not have a dataset called 'DataSet1' like the error message implies.

I refresh the browser once, sometimes twice, and the report runs without errors.

I haven't been able to find a pattern so any tips on how to troubleshoot this are appreciated.

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

The execution failed for the shared data set 'PDS_PROJECTS'. (rsDataSetExecutionError)

The execution failed for the shared data set 'SP_PROJECT_HIGHLIGHTS'. (rsDataSetExecutionError)

Query execution failed for dataset 'DataSet1'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)

An error occurred when accessing the specified SharePoint list. The connection string might not be valid. Verify that the connection string is correct. (rsSPDataProviderError)

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I'd be checking with your Oracle DBAs. The last part of the error message "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" indicates that Oracle probably cancelled this query. And the fact that it is intermittent probably points to maybe some load based condition on the source server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.