Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Installation option turn off preview features

I like to know if we can preconfigure using registry keys or other settings files the default behavior of the options and settings in power bi desktop rs. For now my major concern is the use of preview features which is by default enabled. because we use a predeployed immage we have to disable this every time we start using power bi desktop rs it is a quite annoying job to start your day by setting all settings to your personal default. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

"If you want to disable this preview as an administrator, set the following DWORD value to 0 in the registry: AllowV3Models in either HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Microsoft Power BI Desktop SSRS or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Microsoft Power BI Desktop SSRS."

See:

Power BI Report Server January 2021 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

"If you want to disable this preview as an administrator, set the following DWORD value to 0 in the registry: AllowV3Models in either HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Microsoft Power BI Desktop SSRS or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Microsoft Power BI Desktop SSRS."

See:

Power BI Report Server January 2021 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

"my major concern is the use of preview features which is by default enabled" 

Not in my experience.  I haven't yet had a preselected preview feature.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.