Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jonasr
Advocate I
Advocate I

Incorrect MIME TYPE in Resources

Hi,

we have an instance of PBI Report Server to store SSRS and PBIX reports. We would like to also store there as Resources other types of files such as images, html, etc and source these files from reports (such as logos, etc.). According to SSRS documentation, such MIME Types should be supported by the Report Server and rendered in browser. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the case. If we deploy any such file (tested with HTML, PNG) as Resource to the server (either via Visual Studio or Web Portal), its MIME Type shows in Web Portal "Manage" as application/octet-stream. Therefore, when trying to access it via URL in the browser (or through the Web Portal), it does not render but we are only provided with the option to download the file. Similarly, when we include reference to such image in a SSRS report as External image, it does not render.

How do I change the MIME Type of the uploaded file (I also tried to change its extention via Web Portal but the MIME Type did not change)? Or how can I upload the file with correct MIME Type? Do I need to change something in the PBI Report Server config file to solve it?

Any help would be much appretiated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jonasr
Advocate I
Advocate I

Never mind, I just found the answer. The issue can be solved with the same approach as suggested here.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/PNG-images-not-displaying-in-paginated-reports-using-...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jonasr
Advocate I
Advocate I

Never mind, I just found the answer. The issue can be solved with the same approach as suggested here.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/PNG-images-not-displaying-in-paginated-reports-using-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.