Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Impacting to other power bi scheduled report's refresh, when we scheduled every 10 or 30 mins

Hello Team,

We're using Power BI On premise report server, most of our power bi users are using schedule refresh feature . Here, some of our users are scheduling their reports to execute every 10 mins, 15 mins or 30 mins. Due to this, it's impacting to other scheduled reports like as below example.

For example , if a report has scheduled for today at 8 am , but it's getting picked up by next day 5 pm i.e. running by 1 day late approx. and slowly this keep increasing and report which was about to run today is getting run by 2 weeks after and so on. This is happening because of most of the users started refreshing their reports at every 1 min , 5 mins , 10 mins, 15 mins …intervals on daily basis due to which all refreshes are getting queued up there by impacting the regular refreshes and causing delay.

To fix this issue temporarily, we have informed to our users that in order keep going this process smoothly, have minimum “1” hour as refresh interval benchmark and not less than to that.

For suppose, if we've a second server ( i.e. gateway server ) , will be able to fix this issue ? Please suggest us how to overcome this issue.

Current, our power bi report was configured with 14 CPU Cores , 48GB Memory and OS is Windows Server 2016 .

Thanks in advance !

2 REPLIES 2
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

How many reports and their schedule users are trying to achieve?

I believe all schedules should be running smoothly unless it is using a Shared schedule across which queued up the job.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @FarhanAhmed ,

Thanks so much for looking this issue, we've approximately 150+ schedule refresh reports on power bi report servers, but we(admins) / users not using "shared schedule" feature . 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.