Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rees
Frequent Visitor

Identify where a query is used

New to PowerBI, and I am working on a report that has multiple pages (around 20), and about as many queries. Some of the queries are used multiple times (sometimes on the same page in different graphs, and sometimes on different pages. Sort of a pain to click through each page, to find what queries are used. 

Is there a way to click on a query, and all pages/graphs where the query is used? If not, this would be a great add to the 'cool new features to add' list.

1 REPLY 1
RobThrive
Resolver I
Resolver I

Have to agree that something like this would be nice.

The ability for example to show data-tables on certain tabs/pages, but hide them for others where they are not used would be great to helping developers having an organised experienced while making their reports.

Not sure if this exists yet, but it would be really handy if PBIX files could be added to a visual studio project ( ideally along side SSRS RDL-files) This way developers can go to one place where they can manage and deploy the entire solutions (great for migrating to new server), projects or individual files. This also becomes a nice way to handle the folder structure of the PowerBI report server (on-site). It also means we can do a find (ctrl+f) to search for certain text such as column names, or SQL commands used across the entire solution, something I often need to do in SSRS projects.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.