Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not see workspaces or datasets on our Power BI Report Server to manage Row Level Securirity

In order to manage Row Level Security on our on premises Power BI Report Server, and assign users or Active Directory groups to the roles that I have defined using the Power BI Desktop, I wished to configure the Row Level Security on the Power BI Report Server. However, I do not see any Workspaces or Datasets defined on the Power BI Report Server. I then attempted to click the elipses (...) next to the name of the Power BI Report and then selected 'Manage' in the context menu, and then selected 'Security', and then selected 'Add group or user'. I expected to be able to see the newly defined roles that I created in the Power BI Desktop here, but I do not see them even though I uploaded the Power BI report with all my changes to the Report Server. Please let me know what I am missing.

No workspaces or datasets visible in Power BI Report Server.png

1 REPLY 1
luisrh
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I hope I am understanding your question,  but roles and row level security are a little different when implemented as you mention above.   Can you please review this  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/security/grant-user-access-to-a-report-serve...  and then let me know if this is relevant.   RLS can be accomplished many ways with PBI Report server - it depends on your data source (directquery sql,   SSAS tabular,   etc).

regards,
Luis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.