cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tondeli
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to use service account with SSAS live connection to bypass RLS?

My scenario is as follows:

- I have tabular data model in SSAS with RLS

- I have created several reports using this data model and I have published them to Power BI report server

- Every report uses live connection

- I want to bypass RLS with only one report that I have published to Power BI report server

- I have service account that is in admin group in SSAS server (same as my windows login)

I cannot use import model because data model contains so much data that import will take more than 3600s (server wide limit). I cannot change that because company policy.

I have tested my connection with windows authentication "as the user viewing the report" and that works.

SuccessSuccess

Clicking "Test connection" option sends the request and I can see that from SQL Profiler aswell and credentials used are my windows credentials.

I'd like to use option "using the following credentials" so I can bypass RLS in the data model. I have tested both user credentials mine and service account's but none of them works. I don't even get anything to SQL Profiler.

ErrorError

I have no idea how to proceed to make this happen or is this even possible scenario? All help are appreciated!!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

Thank you 2022 Review

2022 Monthly Feature Releases

We had a great 2022 with a ton of feature releases to help you drive a data culture.