Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

How to set up default language as English

Dear experts,

We use Power BI to create and share dashboard among colleagues over 100 countries. We use English as the language in our Power BI Desktop, then upload the reports on Power BI Report Server. We experience that the language of all visuals is automaticaly switched, based on the location users open it. For example, our colleague in Greece see the visuals in Greek, the ones in Hongkong see them in Chinese. We do not want to automatically switch to local languages. We would like to maintain English as default language for all countries.

I am writing to ask if this problem can be solved by setting the users' computer time, windows language as English. Or can we set up default language on our Power BI Report Server as English? 

Many thanks for your clarifications!

With best regards,

Lily

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to set up default language as English

Hi @LilyLe_MAN,

Based on my research, the issue should be caused by browser language settings. You can let the users change browser language to English then restart browser to view web portal again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hi @LilyLe_MAN,

Based on my research, the issue should be caused by browser language settings. You can let the users change browser language to English then restart browser to view web portal again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

We have the same problem, is there any way to force language settings in Power BI Report Server, so browser settings would not interfare?

Would be nice to solve this problem.