Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to select a specific report page from the URL when using the PBI report server?

We would like to select a specific report page when accessing a PBI report from the URL. We are using the on prem Report Server. We found that adding parameter "?pageName=<pagename>" should work but it seems to be only supported in the Cloud version..

Anyone knows this answer?

18 REPLIES 18
anthony_lecoq
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Does anyone know if it will be available a day om PBI Report Server .? Or if microsoft will only provide this functionality on powerBI Service ?

thanks in advance for your support.

alexddc24
Advocate II
Advocate II

I could be wrong but from reading this thread, the solution seemed to be adding the following to the end of the URL: "?pageName=<pagename>"

I'm on PBI Service so not the same setup but 'pagename' didn't work for me. What did work was the report section ID that can be obtained from PBI service. Solution via: Using the pageName parameter - Learn Power BI [Book] (oreilly.com)

Thanks for the suggestion, Alex, but that doesn't seem to work in Report Server. I used Power BI Helper to surface the ReportSection IDs for specific pages and tried plugging those into the URL, but the report still loaded the default page.

naiore

Has anyone found a solution for this ?

KBO
MVP

I guess this is not possible at the moment.

You can embed it with this little ending "?rs:embed=true" but choose a specific site isn't possible.

Also you can add filter to this - https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=1d114b81-5cb2-446c-be02-89f95c441fbc

Please vote for the Idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=95f2900e-efd4-423c-bd01-1e1fc1601b38

Best,

Kathrin

nsbars_rt
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello.

We also need such possibility.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Power BI community!

Any Update about this?

BEST REGARDS

helassal
Resolver II
Resolver II

Someone added an idea regarding this, please vote for it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous  @DLeach @dianaschnuth  @itikka83  @Anonymous ,

You could achive this by appending &pageName=ReportSection2

Please refere to the below 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-embed-secure

Best Regards,

@Anonymous 

That's true for the Power BI service but this question is about Power BI Report Server (on-prem).

Anonymous
Not applicable

it seems like there is a limitation for RS URL, it must be less than 260 characters.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can access the page name by going to the URL servername/powerbi/api/explore/reports/reportID/modelsAndExploration

Somewhere in the JSON is the correct Page Name we are looking forward. However, when you plug it into the URL as a parameter still no dice. Would be super helpful for us as well.

itikka83
Regular Visitor

Did anyone solve this? Is it possible?

Bumping this post, as I have the same question. Appending ?pagename=blah to the URL still doesn't work as of the May 2019 release.

Anonymous
Not applicable

still facing same issue. Any update on it

I would love to know the answer to this. Would be great if we could get a response. 

JCDaniels
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Power BI Community,

I've got exactly the same problem, anyone can help us on this topic?

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors