Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rudz
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

How to remove scientific notation from Measure in a Matrix

I have a Matrix with many measures. I have gone into Formatting > Field Formatting for every measure and set the formatting to Display units = Thousands and Value decimal places to 0. I have many data values in one column showing up in scientific notation. 2E-10, -4E-11, etc. How do I get these to show up as 0 K?

The data is coming from a direct connection to an SSAS data source. For SSAS data, you cannot change the formatting on the measure in PBI Desktop. Looking at the model in Visual Studio, the measure format is Whole Number, Show Thousand Separator = True.

I saw some posts suggesting using ROUND() to get rid of the digits. I literally have 1000 measures in this model and cannot make this change everywhere where I could need it.

6 REPLIES 6
Kris2x5
Advocate II
Advocate II

I responded to a similar question with a proposed solution here:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Remove-Scientific-notation-in-measure/m-p/652986

MarianoCatalano
Advocate I
Advocate I
MarianoCatalano
Advocate I
Advocate I

@v-lili6-msft 

Hi Lin, can you take a look to this? I am having the same problem. No answer from support team.

MarianoCatalano
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am having the same problem. No solution to this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also keen for a solution to this.

Rudz
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Using ROUND(measure_calculation,0) is a workaround, but I keep running across more measures in my model that need this.

Scientific notation appearing when formatting as thousands, millions seems like a bug to me. How do I report this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.