Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to let user enters value in PBIRS

Hi everyone, 

I am looking for a way to let user enters value by pass parameter in report page not from toolbar edit parameter. An additional, I am using a PBIRS for my organization. Now my issue is how to let user to pass a value in function from Oracle Database. It most be enter date every time to bring specific results because without enter value will bring a huge date from Oracle Database and that will effect on server. I will share with you some of pictures maybe will help you understand the situation.

Thank you 

1571653592458_test2.PNGtest0.PNGtest3.PNG1571653591841_test1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous wrote:

I am looking for a way to let user enters value by pass parameter in report page not from toolbar edit parameter

You can't do this with query parameters in Power BI, the can currently only be changed from the edit parameter dialog.

If you can't bring the full dataset into a Power BI file your other options would be to maybe build a SSAS tabular model and use a Live Connection from you Power BI report. (with SSAS tabular you could maybe use partitioning to more efficiently load the data as opposed to doing a full refresh every time)

Or you could look at building a paginated report instead of a pbix based one. Then you can definitely pass parameters to your oracle function, but you are more limited in the sorts of visualizations you can use an the amount of interactivity that the users would have.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @d_gosbell 

I tried the paginated but not working with me. I'm still looking for another way to solve this. 😞 

ali_a
Frequent Visitor

I'm still looking for help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.