Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to generate reportid from PowerBI report Server

Hi Team,

Consider I have published a Dashboard/Report into my PowerBI Report Server. I want to know how we can obtain Report Id from the PowerBI report Server.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. Here I am explaining exact requirement of our task.

We have published a report into Report Server from PowerBI desktop. Now, We are trying to see the report in the Own web Portal where the backend code is Angular JavaScript. So, Here to call the report from PowerBI report Server which I have published need to call from Backend code using the Report URL, report ID and workspace ID . So, Angular JavaScript Backend team asking the  Report ID/Workspace ID.

I am not seeing the reportID in the Report URL from PowerBI Report Server and also if I go through ... Manage option also I am not seeing any report ID parameter in the UI in PowerBI Report Server. Could you please advise

The on-prem report server product does not have workspaces. That concept only exists in the Power BI cloud service. It sounds like your developers are trying to use a library designed for the cloud service with the on-prem Report Server which will not work. You need to use iframe embedding if you want to integrate Report Server into another application.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

You could use the REST api to get a report based on it's path.

eg. PBIRS | 2.0 | microsoft-rs | SwaggerHub

If you can provide more specific details about what you are doing we could provide more specific suggestions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.