Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpoppes
Helper I
Helper I

How to filter a dashboard table?

Hi,

In my power query I have two tables: the sales table and product information table.

The product information table for now has just two columns: the name of the product and the ROE of that product. I also added a avarege ROE for the products, so my table is like:

ProductROE
Notebook15%
Smartphone12%
Avarege13,5%

Here's my problem: my dashboard has many informations, and I'd like to when I click on a product from a "Menu Product", it shows the ROE of that product. But if I don't click at any product, I'd like to show the Avarege ROE of all products mixed. How can I do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mpoppes 

It is not possible to filter the dashboard visuals. Because visuals in a dashboard are from many reports and datasets, you cannot filter data form different sources as they are not related to each other.

I would suggestion you to use "Pin Live Page". You can pin the whole report page to dashboard including slicers to make it interactive.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dashboard-pin-live-tile-from-report

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mpoppes 

It is not possible to filter the dashboard visuals. Because visuals in a dashboard are from many reports and datasets, you cannot filter data form different sources as they are not related to each other.

I would suggestion you to use "Pin Live Page". You can pin the whole report page to dashboard including slicers to make it interactive.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dashboard-pin-live-tile-from-report

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!