Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a paginated report of "multi-paged" subreports with Power BI?

I want to create a master report that consists of multiple 5-page reports for each sales region (say 10 regions). I am creating a parameter to filter the results based on the region. Every example I found for Power BI paginated report was based on 1-page reports. I wanted to check if it is possible to create my master reports of multi-paged subreports with Power BI paginated report.

One more piece of information to add here is that each of my subreports includes a combination of tables and graphs and the number of rows in some tables may vary for each regional report (pushing some rows to the next page). It is also required to conditionally change the font color for certain rows in the table. Please let me know if these features can be applied too.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

First of all I would like to mention my solution works with Power BI Report Server, not service, as this subject is under Report Server.

From back to forward:

4) As far as I know; no

3) This is capability of Power BI Report Server

2) Yes, it's all about grouping

1) For pdf reports, it's different than Excel. Excel is single file containing multiple sheets. But For pdf there is no such functionality. You can generate multiple pdf files for each group but with data driven subscriptions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ashok08

Can we add multiple tabs in One Paginated Report?

saglamtimur
Resolver II
Resolver II
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Saglamtimur,

Thank you for the reply. The link that you kindly shared shows that there's the capability to create a multi page report. Can you also confirm that:

1) To create pdf reports, we should follow the same instruction you gave fro Excel sheets?

2) With paginated report, we can put my individual multi-paged reports together and create a master report? For instance, if the individual report for each company contains 5 pages and we have 10 companies to report on, we want to create a master report of 50 pages, which includes all those 5 reports.

3) Are we required to purchase Embedded/Premium Capacity to be able to achieve this?

4) One last question; can we create a table of contents for the master report?

Looking forward to your insights.

Thanks for your help!

First of all I would like to mention my solution works with Power BI Report Server, not service, as this subject is under Report Server.

From back to forward:

4) As far as I know; no

3) This is capability of Power BI Report Server

2) Yes, it's all about grouping

1) For pdf reports, it's different than Excel. Excel is single file containing multiple sheets. But For pdf there is no such functionality. You can generate multiple pdf files for each group but with data driven subscriptions.

I need to add multiple reports in one paginated report like if we click one tab it will show the state level and next tab is for district level and next for city level.

can anyone know this please help me...!

Thanks

Ashok

multi tabbed report has any one created in paginated report builder new version

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.