cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to copy an existing folder together with associated users and their permissions?

Hi,

I have a requirement to make a new folder which has a new name (doh!), but keep all the users from another folder and their respective roles/permissions.  There are over 80 users in the old folder and it seems logical that copying the old folder with its users and then renaming it is a simpler approach.

I tried finding a "copy/paste" type of command in the web interface, to no avail.

Could anyone kindly advise how can this be accomplished?  Is this potentially a PowerShell script kind of job?

Cheers,

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: How to copy an existing folder together with associated users and their permissions?

I think PowerShell and the REST-API might be your only practical way of achieveing this

https://github.com/Microsoft/ReportingServicesTools

Highlighted

Re: How to copy an existing folder together with associated users and their permissions?

Thanks for confirming, stpnet.  Guess it's time to (finally) get into PowerShell.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Who are our Super User Superstars? Who made it to the top of the leaderboards? Get the answers!

June 2020 Community Highlights

June 2020 Community Highlights

Featured community members, changes to the Community, and more! Read up on recent Power BI community news.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors