Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MagicMads
Helper I
Helper I

How to combine embedding-mode and url-filtering

Hi - it is possible to change Power BI Report Server rendering by adding ?rs:embed=true - it is also possible to add a ur-filter by adding ?filter=Table/Column eq 'Value' - but how do you combine those?

6 REPLIES 6
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MagicMads,

Here is an article for your reference: Quickstart: Embed a Power BI report using an iFrame and URL parameters

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This doesn't address the question. The auther was looking for a way to alter the URL of his report so that it opens in full scren move (by adding ?rs:embed=true) as well as filter his report (by adding ?filter table/column eq 'value').

I haven't found a way to combine these that works, but it would be incredibly useful if you could! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

The following format worked for me on a report I published earier this week...

?rs:embed=true&filter=table/column eq 'filtervalue'

I initially had some issues geting it to work as I had spaces in the name of the table that I wanted to filter, after I replaced them with underscorces it worked fine.

Hope this helps

how did you get it to work? I keep coming up with a blank page

@cjames76 wrote:

Hi,

The following format worked for me on a report I published earier this week...

Yes, that is the correct format to use. When you pass query string parameters like this you need a ? delimiter between the address of the report and the first parameter, but then you use & between each subsequent parameter.

So both

and

?filter=table/column eq 'filtervalue'&rs:embed=true

should work the same.

I initially had some issues geting it to work as I had spaces in the name of the table that I wanted to filter, after I replaced them with underscorces it worked fine.

If you look at the section here on special characters in URL filters it explains that spaces need to be replaces with _0020_ so something that would be 'table name'[column name] in DAX would become table_0020_name/column_0020_name in a URL filter.

Jon-Heide
Employee
Employee

Yes, you can combine both on the URL. You might need to add a delimiter between them (for example ";" )   

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.