Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ksai

How to change Power BI Report Sever Branding logo margin from -10px to 0px

Hello,

We customize our Power BI Report Server web portal using Branding. There are some white space around our company logo. After uploading brand package, the white space at the top and bottom is gone. We think the issue is due to margin top and bottom default to -10px instead of 0px. Please see the screenshot below. Is there a way to change the margin so that the company logo is in a correct view to all users? Where is the style.css file located? Appreciate your help so much.

Inspection.PNG

Thanks,
Karen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ksai wrote:

We are using Version1.12.7936.39665(September 2021).

So the fix is probably to update to a newer version. Report Server does not support customizing the css and the Sept 2021 release is now out of support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

What version of Report Server are you using? I just checked this on the Sep 2022 release and I'm not seeing that negative margin on that element, just the display: block setting. I cannot see any negative margins and I would be surprised if this was part of the standard styles since it would cause issues with custom branding.

Can you try checking with a different browser or using incognito/in-private mode to make sure it's not some browser extension causing this issue?

d_gosbell_0-1668725719698.png

Thank you for your reply.

We are using Version1.12.7936.39665(September 2021). We followed the link below for branding.

Branding the web portal - SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) | Microsoft Learn

I checked with both Chrome and Edge using incognito mode but had the same issue.

Compared with your screenshot, mine has an additional line for span.logo

Inspection2.PNG

@ksai wrote:

We are using Version1.12.7936.39665(September 2021).

So the fix is probably to update to a newer version. Report Server does not support customizing the css and the Sept 2021 release is now out of support.

Ok. We will upgrade to see if it works.

Thank you for your reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.