Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fazil
Regular Visitor

How to Pass Parameters to a Power BI Report on Report Server from MVC Application at Runtime

Hi,

I have created a power bi report in Power BI Desktop using a stored procedure having parameters From Date, To Date, CategoryId, DepartmentId. I have uploaded the report to Power BI Report Server. Now I am trying to embed the report in my MVC application using "iframe", but I don't know how to pass parameters to report at run time from the application.

Can anyone help me?

Currently, I don't know the table name and field name. I just try to get the report details from reporting server using rest API, but I didn't get the parameters from it. Is there any way to set parameter value as we set in SSRS report (UI to enter parameter values) or get parameters from API?

And Is there any other option other than using "iframe" for embedding the report to my MVC Application and passing parameters. ?

Thanks & Regards

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.