Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How sent a report to email on Report Server (on premice)?

Hi, i have the Report Server (on Premice) and havn't no opportunity to subscribe to a report. 
The Microsoft says that there is no such functionality in Premice.

How can I sent a report to e-mail ?  

I'll be grateful for any information, that be contain how it did.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 
This is not an available feature, and current there is no plan to implement it. Please check the reply from the team:Microsoft Idea · Email subscriptions for Power BI reports in Report Server

If you want to use subscription to email you can only using Power BI Service. 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Petebro
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately in a scheduled way for Power BI reports there is no way to save to a file system. In one off cases you are able to print -> Save as PDF for reports. As well as export data from specific visual to CSV, or XLSX formats.

josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi alexche,

Interactive Power BI Report is not possible sent by email, because it is interactive, and email message is static.

It si not possible for both cloud Power BI Service and also for on-prem Power BI Report Server.

On cloud Power BI Service is very ugly option to subsribe power bi report to email, but it is only sending screenshot of report, it is unusable.

But for both (cloud and on-prem) exist more elegant solution, it is paginated report. But need additional design to be done. You can create static version of report in Report Builder, which you can subcribe in many formats, destinations, and you can parametrize...

6 REPLIES 6
josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi alexche,

Interactive Power BI Report is not possible sent by email, because it is interactive, and email message is static.

It si not possible for both cloud Power BI Service and also for on-prem Power BI Report Server.

On cloud Power BI Service is very ugly option to subsribe power bi report to email, but it is only sending screenshot of report, it is unusable.

But for both (cloud and on-prem) exist more elegant solution, it is paginated report. But need additional design to be done. You can create static version of report in Report Builder, which you can subcribe in many formats, destinations, and you can parametrize...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thaks, josef78. I was reading about paginated report, иut that's not what I need 😞 

Petebro
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately in a scheduled way for Power BI reports there is no way to save to a file system. In one off cases you are able to print -> Save as PDF for reports. As well as export data from specific visual to CSV, or XLSX formats.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! For a long time I was looking for solutions to export or subscribe to reports and realized that it is easier to write a bot that will go to PowerBI and print/save reports in PDF.

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 
This is not an available feature, and current there is no plan to implement it. Please check the reply from the team:Microsoft Idea · Email subscriptions for Power BI reports in Report Server

If you want to use subscription to email you can only using Power BI Service. 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

One more qustion. There are any ways to export report to filesystem for report server?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.