cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wildcatstar Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: How can I remove auth page when open Report Server page?

Hi @muchinski , I just have tried this way, it will only work when open the server from ie on the server computer, when open  from other computer,it still need auth .
muchinski Member

Hi @wildcatstar,

Yes, I meant to do that on all user computers, OR don't use IP address to access the reports, OR don't use FQDN.

I think that if you change the Authentication method, maybe you will fall in problems with SSAS connections, because SSAS accept only Windows Authentication (NTLM (default) if in the same SSRS machine or Kerberos  if SSAS is in a remote server)

Please, read this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/303650/intranet-site-is-identified-as-an-internet-site-when...

Smiley Very Happy

Regular Visitor

Hi @muchinski,

I have read the artile, and I don't think it is a proper solution to require user to change the IE config.

In that way, maybe input username and password is more easier.

If custom auth is not supportted by SSAS connection, may be I have to wait until the report server support embed data,

just like excel,etc.

muchinski Member

Hi @wildcatstar,

I am not telling that it is not supported, you could just use a fixed user in a SSAS connection and that’s ok, but usually we use Windows Authentication. Also, you would need to validate it before every update, which for me is not a good deal.

Anyway, just to clarify (I just tested - and it is the same that the article said): It will ask for authentication if I access the reports using:
-- FQDN - http://inhouse-rep1.<MyDomain>.de/Reports
-- IP - http://50.52.41.23/Reports
But if I access using a URL like the following or add the site on Local Intranet, windows authentication works as expected (at least for me)
-- http://inhouse-rep1/Reports

I hope to have helped 🙂

Regular Visitor

Hi @muchinski, Thank you very much for your help. I can use "http://localhost/Reports" to visit the report on server computer, without make any change to IE config. But how can I use a NON FQDN name to visit the server from other computers in LAN ,just like your "inhouse-rep1" ? I don't know where and how to configure it.
muchinski Member

Hi @wildcatstar,

On the Report Server Configuration Manager, create one URL for you Web Service URL and Web Portal URL choosing 'All Assigned' instead of choosing your IP.

By default, it will create one address with the name of your server. You can also create a CNAME (DNS) on AD and use it if you want to.

Capture.JPG

Regular Visitor

Hi @muchinski ,   I have just asked the network manager, and he said there is no AD in our lan, and the only way to visit the server is use IP Address. So... I think I have to go back to the way of using a custom auth. But just as you said,it has problems. I can open the server ,view the folders,but I can not view the reports
asogukpinar Visitor
Visitor

Solution for the exception that is taken for power Bi reports while using custom security extension :

2017-08-03 11:35:16.8710|ERROR|90|Failure in conceptualschema| RequestID = 5a55046e-0305-361b-e214-71fd8b0d79ff ClientSessionID = 3aee7b14-c24b-d6ac-237d-38809550b1bb System.NotSupportedException: PortalIdentity is not supported.

at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ExploreHost.UserIdentityConnectionImpersonatorFactory.CreateImpersonator(IIdentity identity)

at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ExploreHost.RSPowerViewHandler.GetModelInfo(String id)

The data source attempting to use integrated security which is not supported with custom Auth. If you edit the data source for the report and use stored credentials it should work.

silll.jpg

View solution in original post

Regular Visitor

Hi @asogukpinar,

You're right, it works. Thank you.

Laith Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Did you resolve this issue ? Any documentation ?

Much Appreciated,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 404 members 4,110 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: