Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LostHighway72
Frequent Visitor

High Volume Report Export

Hi There,

I have a requirement to develop a solution to generate approximately 6,500 reports within a 2 hour processing window, and then export the reports in either PDF or Excel format to a secure ftp site.  The source is SQL and the report data is from stored procedures.  Currently this is being handled with Crystal reports, so I am hoping that Power BI might be a suitable alternative.  The reason I am posting in this forum is that the data is sensitive and has to handled On Prem, hence why we are looking at our own Power BI Server.

Any thoughts or feedback would be gratefully received.

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3
LostHighway72
Frequent Visitor

Hi There,

Thanks for the response.  The data is senstive and therefore has to stay on prem.  One train of thought is to use email as a delivery mechanism.  But from research there appears to be limits to the amound of reports that can be processed every hour?

And any idea what scale of server would be required to handle the volume in a short processing window?

Thanks again

I believe the "Report server" does not support email functionality. Are you referring to some other tool to send emails? 

ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @LostHighway72 : As far as I know , you can not subscribe (email) or send the reports to 'windos file share'  from "Power BI Report Server". It will be able to generate reports that you would need and you can keep the entire setup  on prem but you can not export the reports in PDF or Excel to a secure FTP Site directly from Report server. There are quite a good number of features available on cloud based  "Power BI Service"  are not available on on-prem 'Power BI Report Server'. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.