Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RavinderSunkara
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hierarchy Slicer visual not working after September 2019 update

Hi Team,

We hae quiet a number of Hierarchy Slicers in our Power bi report server dashboard which are not working after updating the power bi report server to September 2019 release. When i try to select the options in the power bi report server the filters are not applying.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A new version of PBIRS was released yesterday at https://aka.ms/pbireportserver (v15.0.1102.620) if you download and install this version it appears to fix this issue.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Krizsz
Frequent Visitor

We are experiencing the same issue. Please provide a workaround or patch to solve this issue.

There is an issue with the Sep 19 release of Power BI Report Server which has affected a number of custom visuals. As noted on this thread https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Text-Visual-not-working-in-PBIRS-September/m-p/809021... the team has identified the issue and is working on a fix and expect to release an updated build later next week.

A new version of PBIRS was released yesterday at https://aka.ms/pbireportserver (v15.0.1102.620) if you download and install this version it appears to fix this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi, 

is it fixed for PowerBi Desktop also?

@Anonymous wrote:

hi, 

is it fixed for PowerBi Desktop also?

The issue in this thread ONLY affected Report Server, if you are having an issue in Power BI Desktop it is a different problem.

You might want to check the issues list for this slicer here https://github.com/liprec/powerbi-hierarchySlicer/issues and if you cannot find your issue then maybe raise a new one.

Will this fix also be available for the Power BI desktop version?

@ried wrote:

Will this fix also be available for the Power BI desktop version?

I think the issue you are having is different to the one reported in this thread. If you are talking about your background color issue that sounds like a bug in the visual. I don't see this problem on any of our reports. I suggest you keep communicating on that other thread with jppp who is the author of that visual

All of our custom visuals which were not functional appear to be back to normal after this version. Thanks to the team for the prompt attention to this resolution

Thank you team for the update. Hierarchy slicer is working fine now. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Support Team,

We are experiencing issues with Custom Slicer since we upgraded our report server to the Last Version (September).

In fact, applying filters into Slicers doesn't impact anymore the other visuals (only in Report Server).

On the other side everything is working in Desktop Version.

Could you please help us out in order to fix troubles into Report Server?

Ben

We are reporting the same issues across multiple browsers. The hierarchy slicer is not filtering any visuals on the page once the report is posted to the Report Server. 

RavinderSunkara
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi Power Bi Team,

Please do provide a work around regarding this issue. Hierarchy Slicer not working in IE or chrome. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

All,

Please see my post about this with a reply here: Hierarchy Slicer background color has suddenly changed in Desktop and Service 

Thanks,

OBashy

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are also experiencing this issue.  All other Slicers work fine but our single heirarchy slicer has gone blank, only when viewing in Internet Explorer. Chrome works fine. 

GeneSR

We are experiencing the same issues. It seems to be with other Slicers also. Really need a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have experienced issues as well recentlywith the Hierarchy Slicer. Suddenly, all of my reports with these slicers had the background color changed to black automatically. This appeared in both the Desktop and Service apps.

If anyone knows, please let us know what has changed or what is the root cause for this to happen.

Thanks,

OBashy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.