Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

muchinski
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hide filter pane on Embedded report

Hello guys,

I am using Power BI Report server for some months here and now we are starting to embed some content on our SharePoint.

The problem is that I am not being able to hide the Filters pane with an URL option.

I am using the following string after the URL:

?rs:Embed=True&filterPaneEnabled=False

Does anyone have an idea? Is it supported by the Report Server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @muchinski,

The property &filterPaneEnabled=False to hide the filters pane works in Power BI service embedded report. For Power BI Report Server, it is not a supported feature in current release. It will likely be part of a future release.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
gavinvwza

For those using this on PBI online do not the boolean value is case sensistive

This 

?rs:Embed=True&filterPaneEnabled=False

should be 

?rs:Embed=True&filterPaneEnabled=false
sheetalshettiga
Helper IV
Helper IV

does any one have update on to hide filterpane in embedded report server

@muchinski 

Not from my side

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

New article published, for Power BI  Desktop. Please follow steps mentioned in the article. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-report-filter-preview

sureshbellevue
Regular Visitor

I am looking for the option to hide only on report level on embedded power bi, but would like to show page filter and visual filter is there any option. Please help me finding suitable solution 

Hi,

Not sure to understand the scenario:

- hide the filter page on the report (the owner can still see it anyway)

- show filter page and filter ???

Can you please explain again ?

Arnaud

Arnaud_R
Helper II
Helper II

Possible turn around:
- Create a new page
- add the filters and synchronize them with all the pages of the report
- hide this page

Hello thanks for the tip. How do I synchronize the filters for the different pages?

Hello, 

In the view menu, select the synchronization panel 'Sync slicers'
Click on the filter in the future hidden page
Click in the synchronisation panel in the left column (Synchronize) on all the pages to remote. 
Click on the right column (filter visible) only for the future hidden page

A

Using the top ribbon click 'View', then tick the box 'sync slicers'. This enables the slicer toolbar on the right.

sysadm01
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report Server users can use the following workaround.

You can place white box on top of the Filters pane.

Use the following snippet to achieve that. Adjust containers' width and height to meet your needs.

<script src="../siteassets/js/jquery-1.12.4.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function () {
	var frame = '<iframe width="100%" height="100%" 
src="http://server/powerbi/report?rs:Embed=true"></iframe>'; $("#framecontainer").append(frame); }) </script> <style> .ms-webpartPage-root{border-spacing:0;} #reportcontainer{width:910px;height:750px;} #framecontainer{float:left;width:875px;height:750px;} #shield{
position:relative;
float:left;
width:34px;
height:750px;
background:white;
left:-34px;
} </style> <div id="reportcontainer"> <div id="framecontainer"></div> <div id="shield"></div> <div style="clear:both;"></div> </div>

This is cool thanks! just wondering if the same can be applied to the bottom tabs? 

Appreciate the response. But was thinking what if the size of the page changes? will this white box be exposed then or it will it adjust accordingly? Sorry im not much into JS. Thank you.

@karthikvalluri wrote:

Appreciate the response. But was thinking what if the size of the page changes? will this white box be exposed then or it will it adjust accordingly? Sorry im not much into JS. Thank you.

If size of the page changes, the report will scale within the iframe. If needed iframe size can be adjusted changing embedded CSS style width and height for #reportcontainer and #framecontainer elements. For the #shield element only height needs to be adjusted.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @muchinski,

The property &filterPaneEnabled=False to hide the filters pane works in Power BI service embedded report. For Power BI Report Server, it is not a supported feature in current release. It will likely be part of a future release.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Yuliana!

Where can we find documentation or a dictionary of all PBI proprties and thier respective function? I've seen many responses like yours that give one piece, but a list would be helpful. Thanks!

Hi,

A turn around is to create a separate page where you place the filters.

Synchronize those filters with all the other pages of the report.

Hide this page.

Any update on this feature? We are using Sharepoint to embed PBI report. 

Any update on this feature¿

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.