cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ALeckey1508
Regular Visitor

Hide certain bookmarks from users

Is it possible to hide certain bookmarks from users when a report is published to the report server? I have some bookmarks that are set up in conjunction with buttons to show/hide visuals. I dont want users to be able to 'View' them from the bookmarks pane. I only want them to be able to select bookmarks that ive created to help tell data stories. Is it possible to do this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ALeckey1508 

It is not supported, you may vote the existing idea: Microsoft Idea  · Control which bookmarks are viewable in the service (powerbi.com)

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AbhiSSRS
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I keep such bookmarks in a seperate group "Internal" or something that users get to know that its not for them

AbhiSSRS_0-1619636118168.png

lbendlin
Super User III
Super User III

Thank you for the feedback.

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ALeckey1508 

It is not supported, you may vote the existing idea: Microsoft Idea  · Control which bookmarks are viewable in the service (powerbi.com)

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

lbendlin
Super User III
Super User III

If you make it harder for your users to consume your report they will go elsewhere. Maybe you can find a different solution.

You've given a similar "don't do this; find a different solution" response to a query of mine in the past.  And in both cases, you also misunderstood the question/use case.

It's not a helpful response.

@lbendlin 

Im not sure youve understood my post. Im not making it harder for users to use the report. They activate the bookmarks by clicking buttons on the report canvas. The bookmarks are created to help the mechanics of the report. They arent dsigned to be accessed from the bookmarks pane, so id like to hide them. I understand that this however is not currently possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors