Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide certain bookmarks from users

Is it possible to hide certain bookmarks from users when a report is published to the report server? I have some bookmarks that are set up in conjunction with buttons to show/hide visuals. I dont want users to be able to 'View' them from the bookmarks pane. I only want them to be able to select bookmarks that ive created to help tell data stories. Is it possible to do this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

It is not supported, you may vote the existing idea: Microsoft Idea  · Control which bookmarks are viewable in the service (powerbi.com)

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I keep such bookmarks in a seperate group "Internal" or something that users get to know that its not for them

AbhiSSRS_0-1619636118168.png

That would be fine as a workaround if Power BI allows Groups inside groups. as when I have several bookmarks from all pages, I group it to pages, otherwise it is just chaos, but Power BI won't allow to add all these groups under another group like "Internal" and that won't solve the real problem which if you try to hide it from the users. but your idea is no bad if the report developer has only few bookmarks without a group.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Thank you for the feedback.

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

It is not supported, you may vote the existing idea: Microsoft Idea  · Control which bookmarks are viewable in the service (powerbi.com)

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

You can group your bookmarks and from the Format Navigator and then chose which group to show. In the screenshot below, I am only showing bookmarks in Group 2 instead of the default selection (All): 

bdl5119_0-1653472867328.png

I am certain that you didn't get the question right, this has nothing to do with "Bookmark Navigator" which you can manage what tabs/buttons/bookmarks group or all to show/use.
This question is about the bookmarks itself, there is no way to hide it and there is certainly no workaround it at the moment. I encourage you and the readers to vote for this feature to be added to Power BI which is very important in my belief. Here is the link for the Idea to vote. Thank you.

Microsoft Idea  · Control which bookmarks are viewable in the service (powerbi.com)

Hi,

Probably my inexperience, but where do I find this Format Navigator where I can choose which Bookmark Groups to show? I can't find this option anywhere... Thanks!

Regards, Oscar

Me too... where is the options?

This is an awesome workaround. Thank you so much😊

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

If you make it harder for your users to consume your report they will go elsewhere. Maybe you can find a different solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You've given a similar "don't do this; find a different solution" response to a query of mine in the past.  And in both cases, you also misunderstood the question/use case.

It's not a helpful response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lbendlin 

Im not sure youve understood my post. Im not making it harder for users to use the report. They activate the bookmarks by clicking buttons on the report canvas. The bookmarks are created to help the mechanics of the report. They arent dsigned to be accessed from the bookmarks pane, so id like to hide them. I understand that this however is not currently possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.