Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide Dynamic filters from the Filters panel which is passed in the Report URL

Hi everyone. I am having an issue to hide the dynamic filters from the filters panel, which is  applied in the report url. I have designed a report for multiple customers and integrated into my application. I am passing the customer's name dynamically in URL and it filters that specific customer data accross all pages. The issue is when it is applied, it also appears in the "filters on All pages" section where the customer can see other customers and can change it.

Is there any way, where I can hide the filter which is applied in the URL?

The url sample is here:

https://report_url?filter=AbpTenants/Customer eq 'Alpha Fresh Foods'

alirazamir83_0-1630986128075.png

Much appreciated your help. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous wrote:

No I have not added to filters area. 

Yes, I know you have not added it there, you've already said that.

What I'm suggesting is that you should drag this column to the filters area and mark it as hidden (without setting a filter on any value). Then when the URL filter gets mapped it should link up to this hidden filter and not be visible to your clients.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

So have you tried adding it to the filters area and hiding it?

Plus just hiding a filter is not really a security measure since the user might just change the URL. If you need to secure customers so that they cannot view data for other customers you should look into implementing Row Level Security (RLS).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @d_gosbell . No I have not added to filters area. I have applied the filter in the URL and automatically it appears in the filters area. eg: ?filter=AbpTenants/Customer eq 'Alpha Fresh Foods' . I don't want to appear it in the filters pane as I am applying in the URL dynamically. My clients cannot see the URL. I have integrated PowerBI in my application.

@Anonymous wrote:

No I have not added to filters area. 

Yes, I know you have not added it there, you've already said that.

What I'm suggesting is that you should drag this column to the filters area and mark it as hidden (without setting a filter on any value). Then when the URL filter gets mapped it should link up to this hidden filter and not be visible to your clients.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Have you tried opening the report in Power BI Desktop the clicking the icon to hide the filter then re-publishing the report?

d_gosbell_1-1630991015143.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @d_gosbell  Thanks for your reply. Yes.  Even I haven't added this field as a filter in PowerBI desktop. But when applied in the URL, then it automatically pops up in the filters section.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.