Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

HTTP 403 Forbidden error on API call

Hello,

to list the content of a users My Reports folder, we are using the following API call on an external web app, but some users receive an http 403 Forbidden error. So far I have not been able to find out which permissions exactly are needed to successfully make that request.

https://xxx/Reports/api/v2.0/Folders?$filter=Name%20eq%20%27My%20Reports%27

What permission do I need to grant users to resolve this error?

All the best

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were able to solve this by changing the URL to not use the API to find the users My Reports folder, but instead form it through string concatenation. Our working assumption is that the 'folders' endpoint requires Browser permissions on the root folder if no path parameter is given since it would then try to filter starting from root.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

They should just need the "My Reports" permission. However I think the actual My Reports folder only gets created the first time the go the report portal so maybe the people getting this error have either not visited the portal or do not have the My Reports permission.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We were able to solve this by changing the URL to not use the API to find the users My Reports folder, but instead form it through string concatenation. Our working assumption is that the 'folders' endpoint requires Browser permissions on the root folder if no path parameter is given since it would then try to filter starting from root.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.