Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jsaffo

Grand total from SSAS MD not matching between Excel and Power BI

We are having an issue where the total in Power BI is not taking into account a measure that is currently not visible in the report.  We are using Power BI Report Server (March 2018) and SSAS MD 2016.  We have not tried to upgrade the PBI server yet.

In the screenshot below, the Per 1000 measure should have a total of 978.9.  In Excel, the value is correct.  In Power BI, the value is only correct if the "Active Member Count Avg" is visible.  If that measure is not in the visual, the calculation returns 1026.2 instead, because Power BI is "ignoring" the 10 average members under category B.

If this is an SSAS development issue, I will head over to Stack Overflow to see if I can get an answer there.  This sounds like it is related to Non Visual Totals vs. Visual Totals, but I am not dealing with security roles so it seems unrelated.

Thank you.

Totals not matching.jpg

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.