Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

WolVecz
Frequent Visitor

Google Bigquery: Randomly Stopped Refreshing

Hello All, 

I have a pretty large import based Power BI dashboard running on a Premium Report Server. It is pulling data from an Azure Data Warehouse, a on-prem server, and Google Big Query. It was running fine and on a regular daily refresh until last week (ran the daily automatic refresh for about a month), when it has refused to refresh from the server. The server spits out the following error code: 

The initial generic error message says:  There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

The details provide the following:

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidMashupConnectionString","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidMashupConnectionString","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Insights_Analytics_Max_Session_Values.

What is very strange though is that the power BI desktop version of it (even if you download the .pbix from the server) refreshes fine. So it is just the server that is having issues. 

All of the gateways report that they are working fine. 

I have also updated the Data Source Credentials for GCP/Bigquery multiple times, but the issue keeps occuring. 

Any ideas? 

1 REPLY 1
KBO
MVP

Hi @WolVecz ,

have you the actual versions of the gateway? You use the Report Server and the Power BI Service, rigth?

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.