Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

'Go to report' Action tab is missing in report builder application

The 'Go to report' option in the Text Box properties Action tab is missing in Power BI Report builder application.

The version I have: 15.7.01740.0001-8483a51c

GoToReport.png

If there is a different way to refer to other reports, please assist.
I would also like to refer to other tables within the same report if possible, whichever option gets me to the end result. 

Summary of what I have:

I have a Data Summary Table in a paginated report, within that summary table I have a field labeled "Assigned Group". I want to make this field have an action where I can click on it and it will Drill down to all this items in another table with the "Assigned Group".

5 REPLIES 5
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

The "go to Report" action is a Visual Studio feature as it lists other reports in the same project. Power BI Report Builder does not have the concept of projects. But at the end of the day 'go to report" was just variation of the "go to URL" option so you should be able to deploy your target report then copy it's URL and paste it into the "go to URL" option.

@Anonymous wrote:

I would also like to refer to other tables within the same report if possible, whichever option gets me to the end result. 

I think this is possibly handled by the "go to bookmark" option, but you have not described what you want the "end result" to be so it's hard to say for sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I previously made use of the 'Go to URL' option on a paginated report to drill through to another paginated report in the Power BI Service.

However, yesterday (when developing a new report) I got this error:

nicolasdutoit_0-1635394202023.png

When I checked the previous report (which still works), the same error is now experienced when opening in Report Builder. The only workaround I could find was to open the rdl file in Notepad and add the <action> code into it. This does, however, still cause an error in Report Builder but the link works.

You might need to raise a support ticket with Microsoft for that error. That is not something I've seen before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've updated my message with what my end result needs to do. 

Summary of what I have:

I have a Data Summary Table in a paginated report, within that summary table I have a field labeled "Assigned Group". I want to make this field have an action where I can click on it and it will Drill down to all this items in another table with the "Assigned Group".

@Anonymous wrote:

So this sounds like a scenario that would work best by having 2 reports a summary report and a detail report. You could then setup a parameter in your detail report that accepts an "Assigned Group" as a value to filter that report. Then in the summary report you would setup a "Go to URL" action and use the fx button to create an expression that would combine the URL of the detailed report with the value of the "Assigned Group" from the current row in the summary report. 

If you are using the Power BI Service you can find information on passing parameters in the URL here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports/report-builder-url-parameters 

If you are using the on-prem Report Server the way you pass parameters is slightly different. see:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/pass-a-report-parameter-within-a-url?view=sql-server-ver15 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors