Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting an error when we connect to Oracle data source connection through Direct query mode on PBIRS

Hello All,
We're trying to connect to 'Oracle' data source connection through 'Direct Query mode' and it's working as expected on Power BI desktop application, but when we publish this report to Power BI report server ( On premise ) , we're getting the below shown error.

test2.PNG
Note : We've validated the data source connection on power bi report server and the connection is successful, but we're seeing this error.

And current, we're using Power BI Report server May'2021 version and PBI desktop May'2021 version. We saw the same issue on earlier version ( i.e. January 2021 ) also .

Could you please look into this issue and kindly let us know your suggestions to fix it.

Thanks in advance !

- Gopi 

6 REPLIES 6
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 
Have you tried the default Oracle database connector using Direct Query mode.
Connect to an Oracle database with Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @V-pazhen-msft ,

Thanks so much for looking on this issue, actually Oracle data base direct query mode is working on power bi desktop, but the problem we're facing is in power bi report server ( on premise ) - we can test the data source connection successfully on power bi report server, but when we run the report, it's throwing the below error. We're not able to fix this error, please help us on this.

test2.PNG

Thanks in adavance !

pabeader
Post Patron
Post Patron

Have you installed and tested the oracle drivers on your report server and gateway (if you have one?)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @pabeader,

Thanks for checking on this, yes, we had already installed the oracle drivers and tested on our PBI report server, but we don't use/have gateway (server).

FYI - Here, ' import mode ' type and ODBC connection type is working fine, only the issue is with 'direct query' mode. 

When we test the connection of the report on PBI report server - it's working fine, but when we run the report it's throwing error.

Any suggestions please to fix this.

Thank you !

I'm just getting ready to try direct query on oracle.  If I run into trouble and figure it out, I will for sure post about it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @pabeader,

Thank you again, if you've tested this at your end, please let me know the result .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.