Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting an access token to an on-premise installation of Power BI Reporting Server

I am trying to move reports from a SSRS installation to Power BI.  I am able to get the reports moved over to the Power BI server; however, the Data Sources are not completely migrating over.  This is acceptable if the Data Sources can be updated through the Api.  There a small number of Reports to move and all of the reports will use a even smaller handful of Shared DataSources.  During the migration the Data Source name is kept but the credential information in it needs to be updated.  The hope is through V2 Api I can sign in and update these Data Sources with the correct credentials.  I do notice that during my migration that the name of the Shared Data Source is retained in the migration.  At the end of the day, I have to hand this migration tool off to put the reports into production.  This may not be the best place for this question, but I had to start somewhere.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.