Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TiffanyCui
Helper I
Helper I

Generate Barcodes

Is it possible to create multiple Barcodes based on the work order numbers on one page within one table through Power BI? For example, the Barcodes below are not stored in pictures.

InkedBar Codes_LI.jpg

First, I'm thinking of creating a custom column generating the Barcodes from those numbers and then put them together and publish to the online service.

Second, there will be many rows like this with the numbers and Barcodes. Through desktop, I am not able to print out the full report. So I'm thinking to use Report Builder. Is there a way to generate those barcodes through Report Builder and print out the full report?

Thank you for your patience and time and hope to hear back from you soon.

Best Regards,
Tiffany

4 REPLIES 4
TiffanyCui
Helper I
Helper I

Is it possible to create multiple Barcodes based on the work order numbers on one page within one table through Power BI? For example, the Barcodes below are not stored in pictures.

InkedBar Codes_LI.jpg

First, I'm thinking of creating a custom column generating the Barcodes from those numbers and then put them together and publish to the online service.

Second, there will be many rows like this with the numbers and Barcodes. Through desktop, I am not able to print out the full report. So I'm thinking to use Report Builder. Is there a way to generate those barcodes through Report Builder and print out the full report?

Thank you for your patience and time and hope to hear back from you soon.

Best Regards,
Tiffany

TiffanyCui
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Icey,

If my idea doesn't work, is there a way to print out a full PDF Report with hundreds of thousands of "work orders+work orders barcodes "through Report Builder

Thank you for your time and patience

Hi @TiffanyCui ,

If you don't need to print the report to physical pages, you can change the report page size to put all records on pgae.

pagi.PNG

By default, the page size is 8.5 x 11 inches. You can change this size in the Report Properties pane or Page Setup dialog box, or by changing the PageHeight and PageWidth properties in the Properties pane. The page size doesn't grow or shrink to accommodate the contents of the report body. If you want the report to appear on a single page, all the content within the report body must fit on the physical page. If it doesn't fit and you use the hard-page-break format, then the report will require additional pages. If the report body grows past the right edge of the physical page, then a page break is inserted horizontally. If the report body grows past the bottom edge of the physical page, then a page break is inserted vertically.

Reference: The physical page

If you need to print the report to physical pages, please refer to this video to make the headers repeat on each page of the report: SSRS Report Builder Part 6.5 - Page Breaks and Headers in Table Groups - YouTube.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TiffanyCui ,

I have tested a lot but can't realize your idea both in Power BI Desktop and Power BI Report Builder. How do you realize it?

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.