cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Gateway Data Source Setting - Advanced setting - Privacy Setting

The Privacy Level Settings within the Advanced settings option is not saving. This is within all 6 on my data sources.

Power BI Privact setting.pngI have recreated all 6 data sources, with a Privacy setting - but the option keeps being removed.

This is causing an issue when trying to refresh the data. Shown below.

Power BI Schedule error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Gateway Data Source Setting - Advanced setting - Privacy Setting

It turns out this was all due to the security levels not matching of being the correct option.

Once all datasets were set to Public - the refresh started working as it should.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@katrina890

What release of the gateway do you have installed? And are your datasources associated to a gateway?

Are you using SSO for access the data? 

There is a setting in May release that resolve mashup error but if you can provide me the answer to the above question I may be able to help you.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It turns out this was all due to the security levels not matching of being the correct option.

Once all datasets were set to Public - the refresh started working as it should.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors