Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rrgeneral
Regular Visitor

Find Power BI License Key that was used in an existing installation

Is there a way to find what Power BI Report Server License Key Code has been used in an EXISTING installation? (I am trying to find the license key that has already been applied in an installation; Report Server configuration Manager indicates "Power BI Report Server - SQL Server Enterprise Software Assurance " but does not show the actual applied license key anywhere).

Is this in the registry or somewhere where we can query in the reportserver database?

Also my test servers have Power BI Report Server October 2020 installed. When I try to upgrade/install Power BI Report Server January 2021 version (in order to upgrade), it gives an option "Upgrade Edition" and in the next page prompts for a license key or use evaluation license. I am surprised why it is simply not giving me an option "Upgrade Power BI Report Server" and allow me to do the upgrade without entering any license key. My installation is already licensed - under Report Server Status, it shows software assurance (if it is still running on evaluation, it would say Evaluation in Report server status but that is not the case for me).

Thank you for any input!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rrgeneral 

If you have a premium license. You can easily find the product key in pbi service>>admin portal>>capacity setting.

1.png

SQL SERVER PRODUCT KEY: How to find your report server product key - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @rrgeneral 

If you have a premium license. You can easily find the product key in pbi service>>admin portal>>capacity setting.

1.png

SQL SERVER PRODUCT KEY: How to find your report server product key - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.