Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter by Top N in Power BI report Builder

I'm trying to build a report using Power BI report builder, but I'm struggling to sort tables and graphs and filter them by Top N.

I have tried doing this using Tablix Properties filters and sorting as shown in the pictures below. 

The output only shows 7 categories. 

Sorting by OrderQtySorting by OrderQtyWhen I run my report only 7 Names shows up and it is not filtered as i have also setWhen I run my report only 7 Names shows up and it is not filtered as i have also set

2 REPLIES 2
jrubino77
Helper I
Helper I

This works great if your report is already summed up at the detail level.  My report is NOT summed up at the detail level.  So I need to get a Top 10 of the summed qty by the customer.  I see that you cannot filter on a ReportItems! field.

This is what my sub report looks like.  I want to fliter my Top 10 on the Sum(shipped_qty).  How can I do this?

jrubino77_0-1664565600389.png

Thank you,

Jim

bradsy
Employee
Employee

There are a couple ways to do this from filtering the data to filtering the report item. This is a pretty decent article, hope it can help answer your question.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-design/report-parameters-report-build...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.