Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter by Top N in Power BI report Builder

I'm trying to build a report using Power BI report builder, but I'm struggling to sort tables and graphs and filter them by Top N.

I have tried doing this using Tablix Properties filters and sorting as shown in the pictures below. 

The output only shows 7 categories. 

Sorting by OrderQtySorting by OrderQtyWhen I run my report only 7 Names shows up and it is not filtered as i have also setWhen I run my report only 7 Names shows up and it is not filtered as i have also set

2 REPLIES 2
jrubino77
Helper I
Helper I

This works great if your report is already summed up at the detail level.  My report is NOT summed up at the detail level.  So I need to get a Top 10 of the summed qty by the customer.  I see that you cannot filter on a ReportItems! field.

This is what my sub report looks like.  I want to fliter my Top 10 on the Sum(shipped_qty).  How can I do this?

jrubino77_0-1664565600389.png

Thank you,

Jim

bradsy
Employee
Employee

There are a couple ways to do this from filtering the data to filtering the report item. This is a pretty decent article, hope it can help answer your question.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-design/report-parameters-report-build...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.