Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yeddes_ahmed
Regular Visitor

Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL

Hi , 

Since PowerBI Report Server January 2021 . I have Problem when i add a filter to the URL of my report , 

when i Add th filter to the URL A blank page apperas. 

If a remove the filter From the URL ; my report appears 

URL Format  :    URL?filter=Table/Field eq 'value'

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yeddes_ahmed ,

The product team is aware of this problem, and I will inform you of any follow-up updates.

Reference: Re: URL filters not working after PBIRS Jan 2021 u... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Icey_1-1612924753371.jpeg

Microsoft

I was able to reproduce the blank screen myself and have filed a bug for investigation. Thanks for reporting it and I'll let you know an ETA if I am able to.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
vtsau0606
Frequent Visitor

Guys, are you premium or just you have a free acount? Doesn't work for me and I am in a free account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, same problem here.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yeddes_ahmed ,

The product team is aware of this problem, and I will inform you of any follow-up updates.

Reference: Re: URL filters not working after PBIRS Jan 2021 u... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Icey_1-1612924753371.jpeg

Microsoft

I was able to reproduce the blank screen myself and have filed a bug for investigation. Thanks for reporting it and I'll let you know an ETA if I am able to.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, has there been an update on this? 

I was told that the latest release of Power BI Report Server January 2021 (15.0.1105.230) includes the fix for querying string parameter in the URL.

Download Microsoft Power BI Report Server - January 2021 from Official Microsoft Download Center

But I could not test it yet

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also waiting for an update.

javsaez
Frequent Visitor

I'm in the same situation. Since that version (January 2021), filtering a report using parameters in the URL does not work.

When I made it, I followed the next instructions:

Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Any news about how to solve it or why it stopped working ?

Thanks in advance.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@yeddes_ahmed You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.