Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter OData Feed URL to filter the Data from D365 Finance and OperationsURL at the source level

I have data from D365 F&O coming into a PowerBI report via a OData URL.
However the data coming in to the table has over 600,000+ records and increasing with every refresh. 
The number of records i need from this big table is only about 5000-10000 records. 
Hence I want to filter this table at the source level itself instead of bringing in all the records.
I found that by having a filter for the length of the important column [AccountDisplayValue] to be greater than 20 i can sharply reduce the data from 600,000+ to only 20,000 + rows. 
However when i input this into my source URL feed
"https://companyname.sandbox.dynamics.com/data/TableName?$filter=length(AccountDisplayValue) gt 16"
it does not work even though there is no syntax error in this source url.
Please Help.
My current refresh time goes to over 2 hours for this single table!

1 REPLY 1
vidyadutt
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi @Anonymous, did you find a solution to this problem? I'm in a similar situation and I couldn't find the correct resource on this topic - yet.

Regards, Vidyadutt

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.