Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

erikar38
Regular Visitor

Filled Map Showing Different When Published

I have a global filled map that is filling in correctly on the desktop but not when it's published.

In Africa, for example, there is no data for most of the continent on my desktop, so it is showing correctly with no color filled in:

map1.PNG

When it is published, however, it is colored in on much of the continent when it should not be:

map2.PNG

Is there a way to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VictorM
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello @erikar38

Have different visual rendering with same dataset makes no sense to me. Have you ensure the dataset used once report is published Power BI Service is the same you are working on desktop? Could you add tooltips to the map or switch it to "see data" view and check this out?

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
VictorM
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello @erikar38

Have different visual rendering with same dataset makes no sense to me. Have you ensure the dataset used once report is published Power BI Service is the same you are working on desktop? Could you add tooltips to the map or switch it to "see data" view and check this out?

Regards

@VictorM Thank you for your guidance. I checked the data and it was pulling countries with zeros or blanks in the published version but not in the desktop.  I filtered them out and now it is showing correctly.  Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.