cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Martin_M Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Failure sending mail: An invalid character was found in the mail header: '@'.Mail will not be resent

Hello,

We have just upgraded our SSRS-server to a PBI Report Server. Our subscriptions (autonomous delivery of reports using email) no longer works. We get the error described in the header of this message.

I thought the problem was the variables in the subject e.g. "@ReportName" but that is not the case. The problem actually seems to be the email addresses. Whenever I put a @ in the email address - which is kind of hard to avoid - I get the error. It seems very odd to me that PBI Report Server does not recognize a @ in an email address so what could be the problem here?

Subscriptions worked fine in SSRS before the upgrade.

Kind regards,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Failure sending mail: An invalid character was found in the mail header: '@'.Mail will not be re

OK, we found the solution to the problem. Slightly embarrassed I have to tell that we by mistake put two "@" in the sender address during configuration. Changing the sender address to a valid email address solved our problems. 

Thank you to those of you who took the time to read about our problem.

Kind regards,

Martin

1 REPLY 1
Frequent Visitor

Re: Failure sending mail: An invalid character was found in the mail header: '@'.Mail will not be re

OK, we found the solution to the problem. Slightly embarrassed I have to tell that we by mistake put two "@" in the sender address during configuration. Changing the sender address to a valid email address solved our problems. 

Thank you to those of you who took the time to read about our problem.

Kind regards,

Martin