Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Failure in conceptualschema

Hello

i've got followng error in the RSPowerBI<Date>.log when I try to render a report. I've get the error by every report (import or live query) and the report content is empty and no data are shown ...

Im using the report server October Version.

2017-12-06 16:56:44.4084|ERROR|41|Failure in conceptualschema| RequestID = 472c5d3c-5de9-9d7e-32ee-8a3c23b6703d ClientSessionID = e1a6a690-a061-0806-bb92-db811bc6f8bd Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebApi.Catalog.CatalogAccessException: Forbidden
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebApi.ASConnection.RSDataSourceProvider.GetDataSource(Int64 modelId)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ExploreHost.RSPowerViewHandler.CreateModelKeyFromId(String modelIdFromClient, String maxModelMetadataVersion)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ExploreHost.RSPowerViewHandler.EnsureSession(String modelId)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.ExploreHost.ExploreClientHandlerBaseFlow.<RunAsync>b__8_0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.ExploreHost.ExploreClient.<GetClientConceptualSchemaAsync>d__10.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ExploreHost.RSExploreHost.<GetConceptualSchemaAsync>d__3.MoveNext()
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebApi.PbiApi.PbiApiController.<GetConceptualSchemaAsync>d__1b.MoveNext()

The Windows Application Event Viewer shows this error message:

The description for Event ID 25 from source MSOLAP$PBIRS cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

msmdsrvi.rll

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

1. Please repair the Power BI report server with setup file. 

2. Please go to data source settings of the report, test if connection is successful. 

3. Please check if report server admin can view the reports. 

4. Check if the any Kerberos settings are changed. Compare this article to make sure all things are fine. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Just ran into this issue myself. The problem is caused (in my scenario) by the loopback check. the PBIRS proccess tries to call the conceptual Schema throught the portal API and is denied becuase its utilizing a custom host name in its request. I resovled the error by turning off loopback check on the PBIRS server so it allows the host name through

I used Method 2 in the article. Method 1 is recommended but Method 2 is good for verifying if it fixes it, then you can revert to method one to allow the specific host name you want.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/896861/you-receive-error-401-1-when-you-browse-a-web-site-t...

xyvyx
Regular Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft  these articles might have helped solve a problem. But MS deleted the support articles w/o consideration of the impact to users. Thanks guys. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve installed Power BI Report Server and registered the SPN’s with Delegation and the services runs with a domain account.. Last week everything works perfect – Live Query and Import PBIX Files. Since a few days it I got following errors. Now I can’t open any Power Bi Report- there are no data shown in the reports (import and live query)!

Can please anyone assist?

Event Log Windows / Application:

The description for Event ID 25 from source MSOLAP$PBIRS cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

msmdsrvi.rll

I’ve done a repair of the installation, but nothing has changed.

RSPortal.Log
RSPortal!library!RSPortal.exe!33!12/06/2017-16:22:07:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: The permissions granted to user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON' are insufficient for performing this operation.;

RSPowerBI.log

2017-12-06 16:22:15.8262|ERROR|14|Failure in conceptualschema| RequestID = 00af6ee7-3974-9968-1067-bbc740dfacc5 ClientSessionID = 72f2d448-f979-09fa-5787-73cf3aa0d112 Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebApi.Catalog.CatalogAccessException: Forbidden

at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebApi.ASConnection.RSDataSourceProvider.GetDataSource(Int64 modelId)

at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ExploreHost.RSPowerViewHandler.CreateModelKeyFromId(String modelIdFromClient, String maxModelMetadataVersion)

at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ExploreHost.RSPowerViewHandler.EnsureSession(String modelId)

at Microsoft.PowerBI.ExploreHost.ExploreClientHandlerBaseFlow.<RunAsync>b__8_0()

at Microsoft.PowerBI.ExploreHost.ExploreClient.<GetClientConceptualSchemaAsync>d__10.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.ExploreHost.RSExploreHost.<GetConceptualSchemaAsync>d__3.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebApi.PbiApi.PbiApiController.<GetConceptualSchemaAsync>d__1b.MoveNext()

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - I think this is the main reason. If I restart the service, I've got folling error message:

msmdsrvi.rll

And this is in the Logfile

2017-12-06 22:26:45.7354|ERROR|14|Failure in conceptualschema| RequestID = 54109469-2eb5-6016-b16b-f66e3881c066 ClientSessionID = fbcefe13-d367-c7d1-7633-6a38265f6940 Microsoft.PowerBI.ReportServer.WebApi.Catalog.CatalogAccessException: Forbidden

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.